One of the most stressful parts of traveling is the age-old question of “did I pack everything I need?” 🙃
I always start packing almost a week in advance so I have time to throw in any last-minute items or things I’ve forgotten. I also have a ~*~master list~*~ for when I travel and let me tell you, it’s a lifesaver.
Keep reading for a comprehensive list of things I consider travel must-haves for non-camping trips. Keep an eye out in the next few weeks for my comprehensive camping list!
- T-Shirts – these are an absolute staple for me. I try to bring multiple neutral-colored t’s for casual days. One of the most comfortable shirts I have is the Foundation Short Sleeve from Prana. It’s so comfortable and has so many colors!
- Dress Shirts – I try to bring at least 1-2 dressier shirts (depending on how long the trip is) for days/nights I need something more than a casual T.
- Jeans/Shorts – depending on the weather, I’ll bring shorts but I always will have one pair of dark wash jeans to dress up any outfit. I literally only own American Eagle denim. It has the best fit for me and their denim is so incredibly comfortable!
- Jackets – I always pack a rain jacket, a cardigan, and a puffy so I’m fully prepared for any weather that might come up during the trip. The best thing about jackets is that if you’re flying, you can always layer up to save room in your suitcase 😜
- Undergarments – please pack enough for every day and even some extras, just in case of any travel delays. Also, include socks in this category.
- Shoes – for winter trips I pack boots and sneakers while summer trips usually have sandals, heels, and/or flats! Always try to pack comfortable footwear especially if you’re going to be frequently walking around your destination.
- Dresses – I also pack at least one dress (especially during the summer) as a fun option for the day. Casual sundresses are my absolute favorite and they’re such an easy outfit option!
- Accessories – earrings, rings, bracelets, and necklaces. All of it, because I never know what I’ll need 😅
- PJs of course.
- Makeup – foundation, eye shadow palette, mascara, eyeliner, contour kit, eyebrow liner & the full brush arsenal. If I’m traveling for non-outdoor reasons lord knows I’m going all out on my makeup routine.
- Face wipes – necessary to remove said makeup.
- Contact solution & glasses because I can’t see.
- I don’t usually bring shampoo/conditioner/body wash. Most places I stay at provide it for guests.
- Phone Charger – I cannot tell you how many times I have forgotten this. It’s tragic, and now I have a budding collection of iPhone chargers
- Headphones – I’ve forgotten these plenty of times and now that Apple no longer has the headphone jack, good luck buying a replacement pair at the airport. Truly a tragic realization.
- Camera w/ extra battery
- Camera purse – so I can tote it around while still looking cute 😂
- Book – I love to read while I’m in transit. It helps pass the time and honestly, I don’t do it nearly enough while I’m at home. It’s a win-win.
Most of the trips I go on are a max of 4 days which allows easier packing. When I was gone for 2 weeks, there was a lot of outfit rotations happening to save suitcase space.
Obviously everyone has their own preferred packing list, but hopefully, mine can give you some help keeping things organized when packing can be such a hectic process!
Is there something I forgot that you usually bring? Let me know in the comments!